I am often times one of the biggest procrastinators I know, other than my Dad, I get it from him. He calls it “pre-planning”. I, too, feel this is a much more appropriate term.
For some time now I have been thinking of living a more minimalist lifestyle, I’ve been wanting to eat a healthier diet, I’ve wanted to spend more time meditating and practicing yoga. But I’ve just never really done much of anything to get it done. So, this week I started. In a previous post I made a short list of things I want to get done this week.
This was the list:
- Take photo’s of everything I want to sell and get them posted for sale.
- Take books and DVD/Blu-rays to Half Priced Books. Maybe even donate some to work.
- Look for a place to dispose of mattress/box spring and dresser/night stand.
- Donate clothes or sell to second hand/consignment shop.
In another previous post I talked about changing my eating habits and being more deliberate about eating healthier.
Here is where I am so far this week:
- I’ve taken photos and posted the items I want to sell
- I’ve gone through all of my books and DVDs/Blu-rays. I haven’t made it to Half Price Books yet (tomorrow), but I did donate some of each to work for the guys. They were very appreciative.
- I’ve found a company that will dispose of my mattress/box spring and dresser/night stand for a reasonable price.
- I talked to management at my apartment about studio apartments and when one comes available she will let me know (this wasn’t on the list, but I did it anyway)
- I’ve eaten my “wellness blend” salad for dinner every night at work this week. I am eating whole wheat bread, I try very hard to eat three meals a day, my snacks are healthier (Cuties, bananas, granola bars, string cheese). Today I purchased grass-fed butter, grass-fed milk, grass-fed steak (I almost never meat, but I’m going to incorporate it into my diet once a week), and I bought yogurt that is actually healthy loaded with probiotics, and not loaded with sugar and artificial flavors (I am going to use them in smoothies with Flaxseed and hemp seed and other frozen fruit).
All in all I would say it was a pretty successful week. I’m feeling really good about all of these changes.
Oh and I love my new shift at work. The guys have been so great!