When a take a moment to think about what my ideal life looks like, it doesn’t take long to realize I’m not living it.
When I close my eyes and draw to mind the image of my ideal life it looks something like this:
- My profession is helping people, likely with a focus on victims of trauma. I can see myself as a:
- Life Coach (with a focus on mindfulness)
- Therapist (If I decide to go that far with my education)
- Yoga Teacher
- Energy Worker
- Some how combine writing, photography, and nature with healing and overcoming road blocks in life.
- Or a combination of the above
- My Tribe is made up of like-minded people.
- I own and operate a Wellness Center.
- I live a more minimalist life.
- I live in either a Tiny House, or a small house preferably lakeside or in the country. I have a garden where my partner (assuming I meet the right woman) and I grow our own produce. If money allows I/we will also have an indoor greenhouse for year round produce (I still reside in Minnesota).
- I travel to various places, stateside and abroad.
These are some changes I can make, starting right now, to get me closer to my ideal life:
- Show myself the same kindness, compassion, and respect that I show others and believe that I am deserving of my own kindness, compassion, respect, and love.
- Be strong and confident in myself, my views, my beliefs, and my values.
- Stop allowing myself to be treated as less than by others, regardless of their position in life. Self-respect and dignity are important and I will no longer give up mine for anyone.
- Eat healthier. Make time to cook healthy foods rather than always defaulting to sugar loaded foods due to convenience.
- Give myself time to rest. Sleep is important and I need to allow myself a minimum of 7 hours every night.
- Make time to meditate daily, even if it’s only 5 minutes. I am deserving of this practice.
- Make time for a daily yoga practice, even if it’s only a few poses. I am deserving of this practice.
- Make time for writing at least twice a week
- Make time for photography at least twice a month
There are other changes I will need to make that will take more time:
- Continue healing from my own trauma
- Certified as a Life Coach
- Certified as a Yoga Teacher
- Look into what I need to do to sell some of my photography (potential supplemental income).
- Finish my BA in Psychology
- Research starting a business/being a business owner
- Look into Seminars and Workshops that will help expand my knowledge and ability to better help others.
These are some of the changes that I can make and will need to make in order to fully live my ideal life. There are many changes I know I haven’t even considered yet, but I will as they arise.
I don’t have to wait until I’ve completely built my ideal life to begin living it. I can begin right now. I can live it, in many ways in the present moment, as I continue building my ideal life.
I’ll need to be forgiving of myself on this journey as I will slip, I will make mistakes, I will have set backs; I need not give up on myself or on my ideal life during times of feeling defeated. I’ll need to remind myself of where I’ve been, what I’ve lived through, and know that I am strong enough to overcome anything that comes my way.
I’ll need to remember that my purpose is to help others in any way that I can, and I will best be able to do that if I am living a life that is true to the essence that is me.
Nothing worth doing is ever done without courage, patience, and persistence.